Cold sores are not only unattractive but can also be very painful. The accompanying symptoms such as burning, tingling, itching or tightness can be relieved with Herpotherm® from the very first application. Herpotherm® is a medical device, which can prevent the development of cold sore blisters if applied early enough.
- Free from chemicals – works solely by concentrated heat
- Suitable for pregnant women, allergy sufferers and children*
- Long-lasting alternative to creams and patches
- Easy and practical to use
- Dermatologically tested
Herpotherm® works solely by concentrated heat and is thus completely free from chemicals. It is presumed that the heat generated by Herpotherm®, ranging around 51°C, has a positive effect on the release of histamine and degradation enzymes and thus curbs the inflammatory reaction.
- Can prevent the development of cold sore blisters completely, if applied early enough
- If applied later, the severity of symptoms may be lessened, or they may fade sooner
The application of concentrated heat (local hyperthermia) is a physical mode of action based on a brief, concentrated application of heat to a small, limited area of skin. Even a localised pulse of heat may be sufficient to relieve symptoms such as itching, burning, tingling or tightness.
*self-application from 12 years of age